The school district reserves the right to insist that the dress and grooming of students are within the limits of generally accepted community standards, and students shall be required to show proper attention to personal cleanliness. Students' dress, personal appearance, and conduct are required to be of such character as not to disrupt or distract from the school's educational environment. Any style that tends to diminish the instructional effectiveness of discipline and control by teachers is not acceptable. The school administration shall have the right to designate what types of dress, fashion, fads, or appearance disrupt or distract from the educational program or maybe a potential safety hazard.
The Following Dress Code Rules Apply:
1. Require the wearing of shoes with soles. House slippers and shoes with wheels are not permitted.
2. All clothing must be sufficient to conceal any and all undergarments. No skin will show between the bottom of the shirt/blouse and the top of the pants or skirts at any time. All sleeveless shirts must have straps at least three inches wide. Prohibited tops include, but are not limited to, crop tops, tank tops, strapless, low-cut clothing, clothing with slits, or tops and outfits that provide minimum coverage.
3. Requires that all shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers/dresses be no more than 5” above the knee and may not have frayed edges, slits, or holes 5” above the knee that expose the skin.
4. All jeans, pants, and trousers must be secured at waist level. Sagging is strictly prohibited. Jeans, pants, and trousers are not to have rips or tears that expose undergarments and/or are located mid-thigh or higher.
5. Headgear (hats, hoods, caps, bandanas, hair grooming aids, etc.) is not permitted on campus except for designated school-approved uniforms, special events, authorized athletic practices, documented medical conditions, bona fide religious reasons, or CCSD/school-sanctioned activities.
6. Slogans or advertising on clothing, jewelry, buttons, and/or accessories which by their controversial, discriminatory, profane, and/or obscene nature disrupt the educational setting are prohibited.
7. Any clothing, jewelry, buttons, and/or accessories that promote illegal or violent conduct, or affiliation with groups that promote illegal or violent conduct such as, but not limited to, the unlawful use of weapons, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or drug paraphernalia, or clothing that contains threats are prohibited.
8. Spiked or studded clothing, jewelry, and/or accessories are prohibited.
9. Outerwear such as coats, mittens, and scarves must be removed upon entering the classrooms/buildings. Administrators, teachers, and staff may use their discretion as appropriate based on the temperature in the facility
10. The principal shall retain the authority to grant exceptions for special occasions or conditions.